Technology can play a vital role in reducing the impact of COVID-19 on people and organizations. Many schools and universities have moved to online courses to ensure everyone is still receiving an education during this time. Microsoft has introduced extended free trials and resources for clients to use to maintain collaboration, productivity, and security. Here is Microsoft’s response for education institutions:
New, Extended Free Trials for EDU Customers
- Office 365 A1 – Free versions to all educational institutions: This version provides unlimited chat, built-in group and one-on-one audio or video calling, 10 GB of team file storage, and 2 GB of personal file storage per user. You also get real-time collaboration with the Office apps for web, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. No restrictions for # of users.
- Microsoft Teams for Free (Individuals and IT roll-out – in Office 365 A1 above): Provides unlimited chat, built-in group and one-on-one audio or video calling, 10 GB of team file storage, and 2 GB of personal file storage per user:
- Minecraft: Education Edition and resources to support remote learning. We’ve extended access to Minecraft: Education Edition to all free and paid O365 Education accounts through end of June 2020 and published a remote learning kit for educators with links to >100 Minecraft lessons and STEM curriculum. We are hopeful this access and content will help keep students and teachers connected and engaged in learning during this difficult time!Resources for education customers who have a valid Office 365 Education account.
Resources for Education Institutions
- Here are two examples of institutions that have quickly adapted to remote learning environments and more are listed in the right rail:
- Getting started with Microsoft Teams for Remote Learning documentation and invite for the upcoming Teams Webinar on remote learning.
- Not leveraging Office 365? Check out the following Office 365 Education Set Up Guide as well as the Getting started with Office 365 and Windows 10 Educator Course
- Join the Microsoft Enabling Remote Learning Community.
One pager explaining the community.
Our partnership with our clients is more valuable than ever in providing them with resources, responses, and tools they need. Contact Red Level today for collaboration solutions. Call 248-412-8200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org